SC Heart has the Sunshine Coast’s four leading Interventional Cardiologists working together to provide the only 24/7/365 private Interventional Cardiology Service across the Sunshine Coast and surrounding regions.
Our team is credentialed to provide this life-saving service at the Sunshine Coast University Private Hospital, Sunshine Coast Private Hospital at Buderim and Nambour General Hospital.
Our Interventional Cardiology team are all highly trained in Interventional Cardiology:
- All of our team meet and exceed the CSANZ Guidelines for the performance of both elective angioplasty and stenting (PCI) and “primary PCI” (for acute heart attack patients).
- Specialists in Trans-radial access – improved patient comfort
- Structural Heart Intervention:
- ASD and PFO closure – fixing “holes in the heart”
- Balloon Valvuloplasty – for narrowed heart valves
- Renal Denervation Therapy – for patients with resistant hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Peripheral Artery disease management – e.g. fixing blockages in leg arteries for patients with claudication.
Please follow the links to your Interventional Cardiologist to learn more about their training, special interests and skills and contact details.