Sunshine Coast Heart Specialists (SCHS) is operating business as follows:
ALL new referrals received for patients with no Coronavirus symptoms will be triaged and booked as normal.
ALL existing patients with upcoming appointments not requiring testing will receive a call to change their appointment to a phone consultation.
ALL existing patients requiring testing and evidence of no Coronavirus symptoms, will be seen as normal.
In accordance to the current health recommendations, we have begun implementing social distancing and additional infection control policies as follows:
• Cleaning and sanitising of our practice to prevent viral transmission.
• Hand sanitiser is widely available throughout the practice.
• Removing magazines from our waiting room – we encourage you to bring your own and avoid sharing them with other patients.
During your time in the clinic, please help us to maintain a sanitary environment by:
• Coughing and sneezing directly into your elbow, or into a tissue which can be immediately disposed of.
• Avoiding handshakes, and other unnecessary physical contact.
• Using the hand sanitiser provided.
• Minimising the number of family members/friends that accompany you to the clinic where possible. A support person during your consultation is always welcome, provided they are not unwell.
Due to the high transmission rate of this virus and the fact that some of our patients fall into at-risk categories, we kindly ask that you delay your visit to the clinic if you:
• Have returned from overseas travel in the last 14 days
• Have been in recent contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19
• Experience any flu-like symptoms (coughing, fever, shortness of breath, muscular aches and pains, headache, sore throat)
Please contact SCHS immediately on 07 5414 1100 so we can reschedule your appointment.
If you are concerned about your general health and whether you are at risk, please phone your GP and they can advise you of what to do next. If you do have symptoms such as fever, cough, tiredness, aches and pains please do not present unannounced to your local medical practice – please phone ahead to allow staff to prepare for your arrival.
Please also refer to the following links for the latest information from the World Health Organisation and Australian Government in regards to the Coronavirus.