Sunshine Coast Heart Specialists (SCHS) COVID-19 update as follows:
ALL patients are to wear a face masks to their appointments. Where possible, please adhere to the Qld government guidelines on wearing masks. Click on the link if you have any queries in regards to face masks https://www.qld.gov.au/health/conditions/health-alerts/coronavirus-covid-19/protect-yourself-others/face-masks.
Due to the high transmission rate of this virus and the fact that some of our patients fall into at-risk categories, we kindly ask that you delay your visit to the clinic if you:
- Have visited Brisbane hotspots since the 20 March 2021 (link below).
- Have returned from overseas travel in the last 14 days.
- Have been in recent contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 or waiting test results.
- Experience any flu-like symptoms (coughing, fever, shortness of breath, muscular aches and pains, headache, sore throat).
Please contact SCHS immediately on 07 5414 1100 so we can reschedule your appointment.
During your time in the clinic, please help us to maintain a safe environment by:
- Coughing and sneezing directly into your elbow, or into a tissue which can be immediately disposed of.
- Avoiding handshakes, and other unnecessary physical contact.
- Using the hand sanitiser provided.
- Minimising the number of family members/friends that accompany you to the clinic where possible. A support person during your consultation is always welcome, provided they are not unwell.
If you are concerned about your general health and whether you are at risk, please phone your GP and they can advise you of what to do next. If you do have symptoms such as fever, cough, tiredness, aches and pains please do not present unannounced to your local medical practice – please phone ahead to allow staff to prepare for your arrival.
See the link for Qld government Restrictions for Qld outside of Greater Brisbane https://www.qld.gov.au/health/conditions/health-alerts/coronavirus-covid-19/current-status/public-health-directions/restrictions-for-queensland#qld-restrictions.